Monday, August 30, 2010

I thought there were Seven Sisters..


Darn!
All twenty- one years
that I have lived in
San Luis Obispo,
I thought
that
there were
seven sisters,
(aka seven volcanos)
that stretched
between
SLO
and Morro Bay.

Today,
I come to find out that
there are actually

Who knew?

I thought these
musings with
Toulouse
would be a fun
platform
to share
fun stuff to do
and
to explore
around
San Luis Obispo County
and beyond
....
hiking the
Seven,
uh,
NINE Sisters
was one of the activities.
Toulouse, Annie and I parked
in the neighborhood below the first sister,
Islay Hill..
and we,
(Annie and I)
went a wanderin'

IMG_0091

We walked by the
old Adobe House
in
The Arbors neighborhood.


IMG_0092
I tried to find out this Adobe's significance,
to no avail..



The entrance to the hike is at the end of Sweet Bay Drive...
great name
SWEET BAY DRIVE


IMG_0095
Warnings for poisen oak
and
mountain lions
and
such
were posted
but we
weren't
scared!



The views
of the Edna Valley
and it's
vineyards
are magnificent.
We are looking towards
and

IMG_0100
heading up Islay
facing west
you see
two more
"sisters"
San Luis Mountain
and
Bishop's Peak.
IMG_0099

(a clearer view of those sista's)
IMG_0108
you get some
good cardio
heading up the hill,
but it won't
really
kill
you

The
views
from the top
are
really
pretty
(especially of the Edna Valley)

hi, Annie!
IMG_0106

Hi Everybody!
IMG_0102
Wear
shoes
with
good treads
of them
...
the
path
down
can be dusty
and
slippery.

Next Sister, San Luis Mountain.....

No comments:

Post a Comment