Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hanging with My Homies



I
got an
email
from my
homie,
Gail,
with
an invitation
to lunch
at
in Berkeley
with
our two
other
hometown friends
Melissa
and Nancy.

Nancy,
who lives in Japan,
is
actually
"chef-ing"
a few
long nights
in the
kitchen
at
Chez Panisse,
while
finishing up
her own
cookbook.

I must back up at bit...
I grew up
with
these
fabulous
women!
I think we even
went
to Nursery School
together
...
then Laurel School
then
Encinal School
then
Menlo Atherton High School
....
We lived
at each
other's
houses,
rode bikes together,
had crushes
on the same guys
and
shared
many
of the same
growth
perks
and pains.

Toulouse and I
drove to
Santa Cruz
to hook up with Gail
IMG_0322

I
Gail is my homie,
yup,
she is!
We share so many memories

Gail is a new grandma.
This is her
Mia
IMG_0323
We drove to Berkeley
together
and met
Melissa
and Nancy
at
Chez Panisse.
Chez Panisse
has always
been
on my short
bucket list
of
restaurants
to try
before
I die.
IMG_0325
Before
I introduce you
to my
homies
check
out
this menu

IMG_0339

This is Nancy.
She
is
playing
in
Chez'
kitchen for the
next
week
or so

IMG_0326




And this is gorgeous Melissa
when did we meet,
girl?
in Kindergarten?
IMG_0327



Sadly,
Gail
was parking
the car
..
didn't catch a
candid
of her


But I did catch
a shot
of
my
heavenly
salad
cucumbers and beets with creme fraiche and chervil
IMG_0330
and
the
butter bean salad with celery and bottarga
IMG_0328




We
all
inhaled
our
own
individually
beautiful
and
delicious

Pizzetta with artichokes and rosemary
IMG_0331

Sorry, Nancy,
I had
to
highlight YOU
in
those
glasses

IMG_0332



A
delightful
catch up
on
our lives,
our families,
old friends
and
the 'hood

IMG_0333




I tried
to get
a
few
Random shots
of
the
restaurant but it was really busy
..
tried
not to embarass
myself
too much



IMG_0337

IMG_0334

No comments:

Post a Comment