Thursday, November 11, 2010

looking for Autumn

Even though
I
am
a
California girl

from
September
to
December
I
pretend
that
we

(San Luis Obispo)

have
a
cool
crisp
colorful
mid-western-ish
New Enland-ish
Autumn!
our
house
becomes
alive
with
pumpkins

IMG_0034

and owls
IMG_0032
and silly
little
pumpkin
critters
that hide
among
the
fallen
(well, silk)
leaves
IMG_0036

I
bake
pumpkin cookies
and
pumpkin muffins
butternut squash with honey
and
apple crisps


hearty soups
and
stews
To make it really
feel
even
more
Autumnal
(is that a word?)
Toulouse
and
I decide
to go
leaf
peeking
IMG_0001
Once
the wine grapes
are
harvested
the
leaves
begin
to
turn
beautiful colors
That's the view
from
Edna Valley Vineyards
looking
towards
Islay Hill
IMG_0010
:(
not too
many
colors yet
IMG_0014
Some of
the leaves
are
changing
IMG_0006
IMG_0005

and some leaves
are not
IMG_0007
here
and
there
IMG_0017
Toulouse
and
I
will head out again
soon
to find
more
colors
of
Autumn
IMG_0019
In the meantime,
I
am
off
to
eat
a
with a cup
of
hot
mulled
cider

No comments:

Post a Comment