Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Abundanza and a Wickedly Rich Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe

e_MG_1088
sweet nectarines
_MG_1089

Beautiful ripe plums
_MG_1080
apricots

_MG_1078
Baby yellow pear tomatoes not yet ripe.

IMG_0592

and zucchini!!!!!

I am going to snatch this zuke .......
..
we have had many many zucchini, I mean many zucchinis this year! We have had baked zucchini, and fried zucchini, zucchini in salad, zucchini fries, zucchini fritters, zucchini muffins ... (does this remind you of Forrest Gump?)
What else?
I needed to fulfill a menopausal chocolate craving

hmmmmm
Something chocolatey
really chocolatey


Chocolate Zucchini Bread
...



IMG_0580
I grated that bad boy

IMG_0582
sifted the dry ingredients
IMG_0583
mixed them all together in my mixer
IMG_0586
Into the oven

IMG_0589
SO moist, chocolatey and delish!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
350 degrees - loaf pan
3 c. grated zucchini
3/4 c. canola oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp. good vanilla
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar

Mix the above in you mixer, or by hand (often times hand mixing is good therapy)


2. c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Trader Joe's)
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt

Sift the dry ingredients and add them to the wet ingredients in the mixer. Mix just until incorporated.
At this point you can add chocolate chips, or walnuts.

Pour into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
Bake for 1 hour or so until the toothpick comes out clean.

We enjoyed a piece with a glass of Grey Wolf's Lone Wolf wine.
It would be good with ice cream,
whipped cream,
raspberries,
just about anything that goes well with chocolate!

I am a new person ...
sans grumpiness or hot flashes!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I made my first Zucchini bread 2 weekends ago, and I was amazed. So moist and yummy. I didn't even know that I could add chocolate. I bet Dru would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to make this bread, thanks so much Dianne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this really is a yummy recipe! Let me know when you make it and about the raves you get :P

    ReplyDelete