Monday, December 6, 2010

Toulouse
and
I
have been
slacking
in the adventure department
...
maybe
because
of the
holidays?
or
the rains?
or just
because
we are
slacking
..
I take
that
back!!!

We
DID
go for
kind of
an adventure..


to
Target!

last Saturday,
the 1st Saturday of December
not
a
great idea


too many shoppers
all the cool stuff gone
I went
to TARGET
because
Kasey,

(from one of my fave blogs)


showed
this cute
little
bird ornament
for a buck
from
Target.
I
adventured
to
TARGET
(with Toulouse)
to buy
20
of
those
cute
birds
decoupaged
with
sheet music!

We
scooted about
30
miles
to
Target
and this was the only bird left
IMG_0124
it
was in the
"broken thing tub"
...
I asked
the
Target lady
for
more
birds

nope!
...all gone
The nice
check-out girl
gave
me
broken
bird
for
free.
She felt sorry for me,
I think.

She said
"Merry Christmas"

that was nice...
but
no
birds

I do have a
new
FAVE
recipe,
though!
IMG_0122
it
is from
Tyler Florence's
new
cookbook
so so easy
and
the
chicken
was
really yummy!
IMG_0121
Yup,
Chicken Strips!

I cut up two chicken breasts
seasoned them
and set them aside
IMG_0118
Toasted
four pieces of TJ's sourdough wheat bread
IMG_0117
and whirled them
in the
food processor
with fresh parsley and
about 1/4 c. Manchego cheese
...ta-da! fresh bread crumbs!

So,
on one plate - flour
on another plate - two beaten eggs
and on the third plate - the bread crumbs
IMG_0115
Dregded the chicken in flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs
and on to the cookie sheet
(I made some sweet potato fries to cook along with the chicken)
IMG_0119
They
all
baked
for
about
30
minutes
IMG_0126
We had them with
German Curry Ketchup
and
Hartley Ostini Syrah
IMG_0125
I
ate
all
the
leftover
chicken!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute bird! i can see why you scooted up to find them. So sorry it didnt work out, did you check online? Also, the chicken looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete