Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A "Vintage" Cookie Recipe

Scary
that
my
little collection of
recipes
that I started
in
1972
can be considered
"vintage"

but
it
can

(It appears
that
many
of
our
idiosyncrocies
begin
when
we are little
.....some are positive
and some not so)

Recipe collecting,
baking,
cooking
FOOD
began
early
...
in my
vintage
years

I remember
delivering
quick breads,
yeast breads
cakes
and
cookies
wrapped
in cellophane
and
tied up
in
pretty
ribbons
to
friends
and
neighbors
at
Christmastime
(my bike
was
my mode of
transportation)
carrot bread
pumpkin bread
apple cake
gingerbread
whole wheat bread
oatmeal bars
molasses crinkles
.............and so on
I still use
my silly little
Holly Hobby
book
with my
hand- written recipes
today
...
R E A L L Y!
IMG_0108
a happy
cookie
recipe
for
YOU
today!
Molasses Crinkles
IMG_0106
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
mix
...
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
sift together
..
add the sugar mix to the flour mix
and
mix together

Roll about a TBS. of dough
into balls
roll
in sugar


IMG_0109
Bake at 375 degrees
for 10-12 minutes

eat
a couple
IMG_0112
or wrap
a few up,
hop
on your
bike
and
deliver
them
to
your favorite
peeps


IMG_0113

No comments:

Post a Comment