Tuesday, June 7, 2011

balls balls balls

Balls
are
so
fun!
........

(foodie blog today)



At
Christmastime
I made
lots of
balls:

and

both of which
received

RAVE
reviews!

I switched
Balls
up
a bit
to include
Carrot Spice Balls
Mint Oreo Balls
and
then
which were good,
but
I
am not a
huge fan
of
canned cake frosting

SO easy!

As in
many o' blogs
before
I
am
once again
lamenting
that
John and I
no longer
eat
sugar
nor flour
and
still
we can't
seem to
rid ourselves
that
bad- boy Sweet Tooth



So
check
out these balls!!!!!
IMG_0013

they
are
SO NOT
Oreo Balls
or
Pumpkin Balls
or
Cake Balls
but
they are
** pretty good **
(in a no sugar no flour kind of way)

no sarcasm intended,
but
I
simply
call them

BALLS

Grab your food processor.

1 c. walnuts (grind finely)
IMG_0003

1 cup coconut flour
(it's a
"good flour"
from Whole Foods
IMG_0004

1 c. medjoul dates (cut up)
IMG_0005

1 tsp. vanilla
IMG_0006

1/2 c. unsweetened coconut
IMG_0007

1/3 c, Agave syrup
IMG_0009

1/4 c. Cacao nibs (optional)
IMG_0008


Process
all together
until
mixture forms a ball
IMG_0011

Roll into bite size balls
IMG_0012

enjoy!
(attitude is everything)

BALLS
variations:
Use real maple syrup instead of Agave (I like much better)
Use dried apricots instead of dates (omit cacao nibs)
Use Brazil nuts instead of walnuts
Use almonds instead of walnuts

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING your blog! I went to Whole Foods today and got the things I need to make your "better balls' (the healthy ones). :)

    But I am SOOOOOO going to make the "other" ones too... the ones wearing the horns and pitchfork but do taste so heavenly! :)

    Thanks for so many great recipes!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete