Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish"

This
is
one
of my
MOST
favorite
times
of the year
...
COMMENCEMENT.

the minute
Pomp and Circumstance
begins
I
blubber...

good tears,

happy tears
tears of promise for the future

beautiful,
bright,
brilliant
young adults
beginning
..
commencing
forward
.....


I am teary eyed
just
writing
this
I
suppose
this
post
is geared
more for parents
than
for the
graduates
as
here
in
SLO
Cal Poly graduates
(and often their parents)
hit the bars
at
6 AM
in celebration
and
they
hoot and hollar
joyously
through
the
e n t i r e
weekend
(what commencement speech?)
I love
watching
the
brilliant
speakers
give
commencement speeches
..
sending the kids off
into the world
with
hope
and
promise
and
the
attitude
to
always
reach
for the highest drawer
My very favorite
speech
EVER!



brilliant
humble
honest

my very fave..

and then

positive,
cute, funny
honest




So with tears of pride
I
celebrate
our girl,
Annie

with
her
B.A in Literature
IMG_0032



and
our Andrew,
with
his
Masters Degree in Education
IMG_1560 1.psd

and
a
most
joyous
heartfelt
Congratulations
to all
the
scholars

high school
college
post graduate

YOU
ARE
OUR
FUTURE

Stay True to Yourself

Stay Hungry
and
Stay Foolish

No comments:

Post a Comment